Re: [PrimeNumbers] 1+123 Sequence

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2008
      --- On Mon, 10/13/08, miltbrown@... <miltbrown@...> wrote:
      > 2 3 4 5 7 10 11 13 16 17 19 22 23 25 28 29 ...
      >
      > 1 plus 123 Sequence
      >
      > 123 Sequence is 1 2 3 4 6 9 10 12 15 16 ...
      >
      > where it starts 1 2 3 then successive terms have
      > differences 1 2 3
      >
      > If you cross-out every 3rd term starting at 4 and multiples
      > of 5 gives you get prime numbers.

      '2' and '3' do not fit the pattern (before 4 should come 1, not 3), you may as well drop them.

      And why do you include every third term when you then just remove it? If you didn't include them in the sequence in the first place you'd just end up with 5, 7, and then terms with successive differences of 4 (the 3 and 1 combined) an 2. I.e. the numbers 6n-1 and 6n+1.

      So you've got a list of numbers below 48 which don't have 2 or 3 as a divisor, then removed all that are divisible by 5, and you think that their all being prime is interesting? And you couldnt even be bothered to go to 48!

      That's weak.

      http://www.politicsforum.org/images/flame_warriors/flame_46.php