Benchmark program

  • Kermit Rose
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2008
      I've constructed a benchmark factor program based on Brent's algorithm
      so that in the future, when ever I think I have a workable different
      algorithm,
      I can test how well it does compared to the Brent algorithm.

      FactorBrent found factors after 237 GCD operations, using start
      value 1 and polynomial [1, 0, 1, 0, 1]
      [2379203L, 1528937L]

      FactorBrent(p14[0],[3,6376,5149,7211],0)
      FactorBrent found factors after 948 GCD operations, using start
      value 0 and polynomial [3, 6376, 5149, 7211]
      [2379203L, 1528937L]

      Kermit