Why 2 is the only primitive prime?

  • dm_kulkarni45
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2008
      Hello Friends,
      Why I call number 2 as primitive prime number?
      Among all primes which are odd, 2 is the only even and smallest prime.
      It is the building block of all even numbers(All even numbers are
      multiples of 2. Sum or difference between primes is even,except no.2
      (See Corollary to Goldbach Conjecture by Prof.DM Kulkarni) Number 2 is
      also the building block of primes. Except 3,which you get by
      incrementing by 1,if you increment 3 by 2 you get 5.Increment 5 by 2
      you get 7. Increment 7 by 4(multiple of 2) you get 11. Chain continues
      increment prime by 2 or multiples of 2 you get next prime.
      Number 2 is unique,smallest,only even prime.Therefore I call it as
      PRIMITIVE PRIME. Secondly,with this definition,Igave a Simple Proof of
      Goldbach Conjecture(See Goldbach Conjecture:A simple Proof by Prof.D.M.
      Kulkarni)
      Best Regards,
      D M Kulkarni