Large number testing

  • dkandadai
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2008
      I am inteested in knowing how very large prime suspects i.e. larger
      than the capabality of Pollard's rho test, are tested; is it more of a
      probabality test?
      Tks
      Devaraj
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2008
        --- On Mon, 7/21/08, dkandadai <dkandadai@...> wrote:
        > I am inteested in knowing how very large prime suspects i.e.
        > larger than the capabality of Pollard's rho test, are tested;
        > is it more of a probabality test?

        Pollard's Rho is a factor-finding algorithm. It is impractical
        to use it as a primality test. For information on primality tests,
        just see http://primepages.org/ .