Error in Euler project question 1

  • Kermit Rose
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2008
      1a. Re: Some prime-related puzzles
      Posted by: "Phil Carmody" thefatphil@... thefatphil
      Date: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:23 pm ((PDT))

      Phil Carmody wrote:

      > > > http://projecteuler.net/index.php?section=problems

      OK, a prize of muchos kudos[*] to the first person who finds the question to which the correct answer isn't recognised as correct.

      I may have recommended it, but that doesn't mean I think it's right!

      The very first question has a wrong answer.

      The correct answer is almost 10 times ( approximately = 9.738055 times )
      the given answer.

      Kermit

      < kermit@... >
    • Peter Kosinar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2008
        Kermit,

        > The very first question has a wrong answer.
        >
        > The correct answer is almost 10 times ( approximately = 9.738055 times )
        > the given answer.

        I only hope you didn't divide the calculated answer by the number of
        people who solved it successfully... or did you? ;-)

        Peter

        --
        [Name] Peter Kosinar [Quote] 2B | ~2B = exp(i*PI) [ICQ] 134813278
      • Kermit Rose
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 22, 2008
          Peter Kosinar wrote:

          > Kermit,
          > I only hope you didn't divide the calculated answer by the number of
          > people who solved it successfully... or did you? ;-)
          >
          > Peter

          If I had, I would probably have gotten a quotient less than one.

          :)

          ( Acknowledging the gentle hint )

          Kermit

          < kermit@... >