Some clarification?

  • chrisdarroch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2008
      Just an additional explanation of what I am asking.

      Consider a value n = 38.

      Consider values x =[13,17,19,23,29,31,37,41,43,47] which are all
      indivible(as it were) by any member of A.

      Consider the results of n+x: [51,55,57,61,75,79,81,85]

      All of these results are divisible by at least one member of
      A:[2,3,5,7,11] except for 61 and 79 which are primes. The largest gap
      within which I have found a prime thus far is 10 lets say, i.e.
      between 51 and the first prime of 61.

      I might find a relative prime instead of a prime and that gap would
      count for example if I added x = 131 to n = 38 I would get 169 which
      is divisible by 13 but not any member of A and this is how I define
      relatively prime in this case.

      Chris

      I cannot see that tautology here unless I am using the phrase
      Relatively Prime improperly.