CoNteSt up up up etad date$$$ show your polynomial writing skill!!!

  • aldrich617
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2008
      Chris Caldwell won the initial Prize...but

      "The contest however will remain open, and I
      will smash my backup piggybank to replenish
      the prize, because what I really wanted was
      a tidy polynomial in one variable to send
      home to mum. I want a polynomial of less
      than ten degrees, preferably seven, of the form
      ax^7 + bx^6 + cx^5 + dx^4 + ex^3 + fx^2 + gx + h,
      or something similar "

      I am now raising the prize to $91.91 and the
      acceptable degree of polynomial to 91.

      If somebody can really write out a polynomial with
      the proper output of that degree they deserve to win
      something. I am now starting to call my procedure
      an "alternative polynomial form", better in many respects
      to 100+ degree polynomials with the same output.

      a.