When might I expect a prime or relative prime?

  • chrisdarroch
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2008
      Hi all,

      Would you consider this list A of primes including 2;

      A = [2,3,5,7,11]

      Then consider a number n.

      n has these properties:

      It is an even integer.
      It is not divisible by any of the odd members of A.

      Consider adding successively larger integer values x to n.

      x has these properties:

      It is odd.
      It is divisible by any integer not in A

      Can anyone give me any limitations on the size of gap within which I
      would expect one of these additions to result in a prime or
      relatively prime number?

      Cheers for any consideration.
    • Bob Gilson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2008
        This is tautology, and not worthy of consideration