Rif: Re: [PrimeNumbers] prime numbers...a new (?) theory

  • Paolo Taraboi
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2008
      Well, this is a sophism.

      It's true: 2 and 3 are primes but not 6k+-1;

      but I suppose primes should be ordered in different levels of quality:

      1 is a prime singolarity. (letterally :D ) or a "zero prime"

      2 and 3 are base generator primes (first order) (they generates 6 which is
      the most important number in primes distribution logic)

      5..23 are simple derivate generator primes

      29.... <infinite> are complex derivate primes

      anyway the sieving logic proposed should be valid for primes >= 5
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2008
        This is a first version of the prg which uses twon long-based vector as a
        prime position index and long for values;

        I'm working (with some difficults) on a version which uses bitfields for
        position index and gmp library for values

        best rgds
        Paolo