prime numbers...a new (?) theory

  • Paolo Taraboi
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2008
      Is well known that prime numbers can be found with sieve of Eratosthenes
      and that they are all type 6n+1 or 6n-1.

      I do not think that it's already known that prime number are all 6n +-1
      type numbers excluded those which are the product of two members of the
      groupincluded each number with itself.

      . Once you find an exception (eg 25 or 35 == 5 * 5 5 * 7) you can proceed in
      escluding numbers with a new sieve
      by adding to the excluded number 6* both_generating_factors
      (i.e. starting from 35, 30 and 42 should be added as sieve indexes which
      generates two escluding line which are (65 95 125 ...) and (77 139 181 ....)
      that caused it

      I do not know if this discovery is interesting but I'm working on a C
      program to verify what is fast find prime numbers with this method.

      yours sincerely
      Paolo Taraboi

      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2008
        --- On Thu, 5/8/08, Paolo Taraboi <olo4all@...> wrote:
        > Is well known that prime numbers can be found with sieve
        > of Eratosthenes
        > and that they are all type 6n+1 or 6n-1.

        2 isn't. There's another one too, but I'll let you work that one out yourself.

        > I do not think that it's already known that prime
        > number are all 6n +-1
        > type numbers excluded those which are the product of two
        > members of the
        > groupincluded each number with itself.

        You think incorrectly. It's a direct consequence of the corrected version of your first sentence.

        Be a better friend, newshound, and