1st known LLR "megaprime" is Woodall

  • Paul Underwood
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2007
      Hi,

      congrats to the prover of and to his/her collaborators in the effort
      in finding 938237*2^3752950-1 is prime having 1129757 decimal digits
      http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=83407

      Paul
    • Jean Penné
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2007
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Underwood"
        <paulunderwood@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > congrats to the prover of and to his/her collaborators in the effort
        > in finding 938237*2^3752950-1 is prime having 1129757 decimal digits
        > http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=83407
        >
        > Paul

        Thank you, Paul for your quick verification!
        I am very happy to congrat the prover and his/her collaborators for
        this success.
        I am now very curious to know how these Woodall prime candidates have
        been selected before beeing LLR tested??

        With my best wishes for year 2008!
        Jean
      • Jean Penné
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2007
          Hi,

          Now, all becomes clear!

          Congrats to Matthew J Thompson, the discoverer!

          Many congrats to PrimeGrid! Five Woodall world records in the year!!
          It is really very impressive. I wish to all participants as many
          successes (or even more) in 2008, although I am a little surprised by
          the "density" of Woodall primes of these sizes! But primes are
          surprising objects in many senses...

          Best Regards,
          Jean