Re: [PrimeNumbers] A good concise proof of the infinity of primes

  • Jens Kruse Andersen
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2007
      Kermit Rose:
      > http://www.mathreference.com/num,inf.html
      > impressed me with this concise proof that there are Infinitely Many Primes

      Good old Euclid has impressed many people.
      This is one of the most famous proofs in the history of mathematics.
      I have probably seen it over 100 times.
      I'm surprised if it's new to a frequent poster to this list.
      If you want to pass 100 in a hurry then try
      http://www.google.com/search?q=Euclid+infinite+primes

      --
      Jens Kruse Andersen