Re: [PrimeNumbers] is this absurd?

  • Jack Brennen
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007
      alby7e7 wrote:
      > -REFLECTION
      >
      > If the algorithm work:
      > But the cardinality of R > N, and then if all r return with the
      > algorithm a prime
      > We would have an infinite of primes, that are much more then these
      > naturals, and nature of this is absurd.

      Without commenting on the stuff about prime numbers, I'd point out
      that the cardinality of the rational numbers is the same as the
      cardinality of the natural numbers... And your algorithm only
      works for a subset of the rational numbers -- those with a terminating
      decimal expansion. (A number with an infinite decimal expansion
      could not map to a finite natural number using your algorithm.)

      Plug in r = Pi to your algorithm and tell me what the output is. :)