Error running Proth.exe

  • marioneves7
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2007
      Hi, all

      Some weeks ago I changed the motherboard of a computer Pentium 4
      3.20Ghz, 1,00 GB RAM, with Windows XP 2002 SP2.

      Using Proth.exe, after a while I get the following message, which
      happen again when I runned the Test:

      [Prime]
      k=123108, b=10, n=11111 ...
      123108*10^11111 + 1 may be prime. (a = 2)
      Error!!! (rounding or checksum or not enough memory.)

      I'd never saw this message before.
      Can anyone help?

      Thank you

      Mário Neves
    • Mark Rodenkirch
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2007
        My first question would be, why are you using Proth instead of LLR or
        PFGW?

        --Mark

        On Nov 18, 2007, at 2:33 PM, marioneves7 wrote:

        > Hi, all
        >
        > Some weeks ago I changed the motherboard of a computer Pentium 4
        > 3.20Ghz, 1,00 GB RAM, with Windows XP 2002 SP2.
        >
        > Using Proth.exe, after a while I get the following message, which
        > happen again when I runned the Test:
        >
        > [Prime]
        > k=123108, b=10, n=11111 ...
        > 123108*10^11111 + 1 may be prime. (a = 2)
        > Error!!! (rounding or checksum or not enough memory.)
        >
        > I'd never saw this message before.
        > Can anyone help?
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > Mário Neves