Limits of Proth.exe, NewPGen, PRP

  • Dan Morenus
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2007
      Hi all!

      I am using Proth.exe version 7.1 to search for Keller primes.

      I am a little concerned about the ranges of numbers I'm testing though.
      Will Proth.exe notify me if the values of n and k that I use are so
      large that they will cause arithmetic overflow?

      Corollary: What about NewPGen and PRP?

      -- Dan Morenus (dmorenus@...)

      -- This parachute is not warranted to be suitable --
      -- for any purpose, including descending safely --
      -- from an airplane to the ground. --