calculations

  • leavemsg1
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2007
      I am not satisfied that Li(x) describes the number of primes < x

      I have a new calculation that gives...

      x= 1000 Ki(1000)= 167.9 and...
      x= 7919 Ki(7919)= 1000.756

      are they accurate?

      would someone suggest another slight larger x?

      so I can compute Ki(x)...

      Bill
    • Andrey Kulsha
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2007
        > I am not satisfied that Li(x) describes the number of primes < x
        >
        > I have a new calculation that gives...
        >
        > x= 1000 Ki(1000)= 167.9 and...
        > x= 7919 Ki(7919)= 1000.756
        >
        > are they accurate?
        >
        > would someone suggest another slight larger x?
        >
        > so I can compute Ki(x)...

        http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Prime-counting_function#Formulas_for_prime-counting_functions

        See the paragraph about the Riemann's R-function.

        Best,

        Andrey