Re: Prime Packing (admissible tuples)

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2007
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <tom@...> wrote:

      > What is the concensus of math world on the HL conjectures?
      > 1: k-tuples true and 2nd HL false
      > 2: k-tuples false and 2nd HL true
      > or
      > 3: k-tuples false and 2nd HL false

      This page mentions the incompatibility of the 2 conjectures here
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Hardy-Littlewood_conjecture
      and references your website as well as a 1974 article on the
      incompatibility of the 2 conjectures. Seems to indicate a preference
      for your #1 above.

      I have heard the "k-tuple" conjecture described in different ways.
      Are we talking about the k-tuple conjecture in the sense of the first
      HL conjecture? If not, what is the difference?