dual Sierpinski problem

  • philmoore2003
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2007
      Jim Fougeron suggested I post this question here. He discovered the
      probable prime 67607+2^16389 in 2002 as part of Payam Samidoost's dual
      Sierpinski search. (There was a lively discussion of this topic on
      this list at the time.) As 67607 is the only k value less than 78557
      for which neither a prime of the form k*2^n+1 or k+2^n is known, I
      have begun running Primo 2.3.2 on this number to prove it prime. (It
      is over 10000 bits, so version 3 will not work on it.) Has this
      number been certified prime previously, to anyone's knowledge? I have
      started work on it, but will happily scrub it if someone already has a
      primality certificate.