Fwd: Re: Yet another Lucas-Lehmer like primality test ?

  • j_chrtn
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9 2:51 AM
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Phil Carmody <thefatphil@...>
      wrote:

      > > [strange coincidence]
      > > I'm right now within a day or so of completing a multi-year project
      > > to find all PRPs of this form, viz. b^p-(b-1)^p, for 3 <= b <= 1000,
      > > p < 10000, with primality proofs for all p < 1000.
      > >
      > > There's just one more PRIMO certification (c. 9000 bits) to do, then
      > > I'll post the results on a web page.
      > >
      > > -Mike Oakes

      Yes Phil, I knew Mike was looking all PRP numbers of this form for b up
      to 1000 and p up to 10000. But I didn't know that he had almost
      terminated this work and that he also had in fact certified all these
      PRP with primo.
      Great job !

      It would be interesting to have a table of all these primes. I would
      like to check whether my statements are compatible with Mike's result
      or not.

      BTW, Mike : does this titanic work reveals some interesting (non
      trivial) properties for this form of numbers ?

      Best regards,

      J-L.