Prima and math

  • maartenvanthiel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2007
      I look in a different way at primes then members here do.
      I am not good in math, but thats not the reason.

      Its interesting to look at primes as a non mathematical thing.
      Think of the Ishango bone, which appartently is not on primes.
      In Dutch, 7 is the lucky number, 11 the fool's one, 13 the unlucky number.
      In other languages / cultures?
      5??

      In Dutch, we have an expression. "Swearing in church".
      Here comes an example.
      "Prime" is not a mathematical thing.

      Maarten

      PS
      I am a member / mod / owner of several Yahoo groups. Web development
      (work) and succulent plants (hobby).
      This group here is different. Not only you have to think, also answers
      to my mssgs dont appear.