Re: COMMENT on A000040, A006562 and A001359 on the OEIS

  • reismann@free.fr
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2007
      Dear Robin and primenumbers group,

      Yes it is necessary to know p(n+1) to have the decomposition. I do not propose
      magic formula. The magic formula would be to have the decomposition without
      knowing p(n+1)...

      Will my vision of prime numbers bring answers to the big questions of the theory
      of the numbers?
      I do not know, I am not sure.
      But to what is of use a classification ? It serves for having a common language.
      It is surprising that in approximately 2500 years nobody did not find the
      sequence of the weights. No?

      >Have you a useful algorithm?
      With my friends Fabien we worked on a program giving the decompostion of prime
      numbers (in assembly for Windows) :
      http://reismann.free.fr/download/class_asm.zip
      There is also a program in Java on the "Download" page :
      http://reismann.free.fr/telechargements.php
      It is a "naive" algorithm. We work at present on a new algorithm closer to the
      sieve of Eratosthène.

      Thank you for your answer Robin

      Best,

      Rémi