Re: [PrimeNumbers] Highest Goldbach n

  • Joshua Zucker
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
      On 3/2/07, gulland68 <tmgulland@...> wrote:
      > Can anyone tell me the highest value of n for which it is known that
      > Goldbach holds?

      That's easy: 2 times the largest known prime. Check out mersenne.org
      among other sites if you want to know about that.

      Hm, no, I take it back. Maybe there are nonconstructive proofs out
      there ... but I don't know of one.

      --Joshua Zucker
    • Jens Kruse Andersen
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2007
        gulland68 wrote:
        > Can anyone tell me the highest value of n for which it is known that
        > Goldbach holds?

        If you mean the largest n for which Goldbach is known to hold for all
        smaller values, then http://www.ieeta.pt/~tos/goldbach.html says it's
        currently n = 524*10^15 (assuming all alleged Goldbach proofs are
        false).

        --
        Jens Kruse Andersen