Highest Goldbach n

  • gulland68
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
      Can anyone tell me the highest value of n for which it is known that
      Goldbach holds?
      Thanks,
      Tom
    • Joshua Zucker
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
        On 3/2/07, gulland68 <tmgulland@...> wrote:
        > Can anyone tell me the highest value of n for which it is known that
        > Goldbach holds?

        That's easy: 2 times the largest known prime. Check out mersenne.org
        among other sites if you want to know about that.

        Hm, no, I take it back. Maybe there are nonconstructive proofs out
        there ... but I don't know of one.

        --Joshua Zucker
      • Jens Kruse Andersen
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2007
          gulland68 wrote:
          > Can anyone tell me the highest value of n for which it is known that
          > Goldbach holds?

          If you mean the largest n for which Goldbach is known to hold for all
          smaller values, then http://www.ieeta.pt/~tos/goldbach.html says it's
          currently n = 524*10^15 (assuming all alleged Goldbach proofs are
          false).

          --
          Jens Kruse Andersen