Novel factorization algorithm for positive integers

  • Kermit Rose
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2007
      One way to describe this factorization approach is:

      Select a polynomial f(w) such that f(2) = z, the number to be factored.
      I chose the base 2 representation of z for my starting polynomial.

      Define the transformations on the polynomials that preserve the value at
      w = 2.

      That is if f(2) = z, then if g is a transform of f, then g(2) = z.

      Develop the theory of efficient transforms of f to possible composite
      polynomials.

      Test each of the possibly transformed polynomials to see if it's composite.

      The factors of the polynomial yield the factors of z.

      Is anyone interested in working with me on this approach?

      I have a significant start on development of how to guide efficient
      transforms.

      Kermit < kermit@... >