Re: [PrimeNumbers] A Simple Answer for 115921 ?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2007
      --- miltbrown@... wrote:
      > Is there a simple answer for the reason that
      >
      > ((2*T)^721) mod 115921 = 1 for all primes T except 13, 37, and 241

      ? Mod(2*2,115921)^721
      Mod(4, 115921)
      ? Mod(2*3,115921)^721
      Mod(6, 115921)
      ? Mod(2*5,115921)^721
      Mod(10, 115921)

      This is worse than your normal hit-rate, Milton.

      > How does on obtain the the number 721?

      Hard to say without being crude.

      Cheap talk?
      http://voice.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2007
        --- miltbrown@... wrote:
        > I am not sure what you are saying,

        You're playig this gaem again, I see:
        http://www.politicsforum.org/images/flame_warriors/flame_46.php

        I'm talking correct maths. This could be why you don't recognise it.

        Please don't top post. Responses have the potential, not always realised alas,
        of making more sense when they follow the thing to which they are a response.

        > but
        >
        > ((2*2)^721) mod 115921 = 1
        >
        > no?

        What part of my

        ? Mod(2*2,115921)^721
        Mod(4, 115921)

        did you not understand?

        > Also,
        >
        > ((2*3)^721) mod 115921 = 1

        ? Mod(2*3,115921)^721
        Mod(6, 115921)

        Please don't make me beat you round the head with all 103680 totatives.

        > but not
        >
        > ((2*13)^721) mod 115921 =/= 1

        2*13 is not a totative, as 13|115921

        This is beginners' stuff, Milton.

        I remember in the past that because of your abuses, the moderators agreed to
        not only moderate for _relevance_, but also for _correctness_. Alas I forgot
        that earlier, but have remembered it now. If it's wrong or misleading, I will
        not approve it.

        To help you get your maths straightened out, the keywords you should be
        googling for are "carmichael", "lambda", and "function"; preferably in very
        close proximity.

        It's here! Your new message!