Re: [PrimeNumbers] Sieve Source Release?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2006
      --- Phil Carmody <thefatphil@...> wrote:
      > --- Bryan <beyastard@...> wrote:
      > > Out of curiousity, I am wondering if the source to various sieving
      > > programs will ever be released by their authors. I do not know how to
      > > go about writing a sieve and studying the source would be very helpful.

      Hahahahahahha!

      I missed that the first time round. I don't think anyone's ever learnt
      anything from my source code. I suspect several may have been institutionalised
      because of it though. (Ouch, these buckles are scratching my back...)

      Anyway, I've found what appears to be a working linux/x86 binary.
      I can probably compile a cygwin version if you need one.

      I have no idea how to use it though. I can bundle the source, and if you can
      work out how to use it from looking at the source, all power to you!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Mark Rodenkirch
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2006
        On Dec 19, 2006, at 4:39 PM, Phil Carmody wrote:

        > -- Phil Carmody <thefatphil@...> wrote:
        > > --- Bryan <beyastard@...> wrote:
        > > > Out of curiousity, I am wondering if the source to various sieving
        > > > programs will ever be released by their authors. I do not know
        > how to
        > > > go about writing a sieve and studying the source would be very
        > helpful.
        >
        > Hahahahahahha!
        >
        > I missed that the first time round. I don't think anyone's ever learnt
        > anything from my source code. I suspect several may have been
        > institutionalised
        > because of it though. (Ouch, these buckles are scratching my back...)

        Your code is obfuscated??? I guess I can add that to the list of why
        my hair is turning grey:

        1) Aging
        2) Stress
        3) Kids
        4) Phil Carmody's code

        Although I don't know where it fits on the list...

        Well, if anyone ever "disappears" from the list, then I guess we know
        where to start looking.

        --Mark