Re: Unable to prove a PRP

  • Bryan
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2006
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "jbrennen" <jb@...> wrote:

      > --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan" <beyastard@> wrote:
      > >
      > > How can one prove the primality of a PRP when every program I've
      > > tried is unable. To form of the prime is XYYX such as
      2^2007+2007^2.
      > > I have many PRP's to check with the smallest being around 10k
      digits.

      > It looks like you could be rehashing stuff that's already been
      done:

      > http://www.leyland.vispa.com/numth/primes/xyyx.htm
      >
      > Are you aware of that web page?
      >
      > A lot of PRPs there waiting for a proof...

      Turns out I was rehashing some stuff. Using the list, I've verified
      some of the PRPs needing a proof. Also, I've been looking for
      ar2220.zip everywhere but cannot find it. Been wanting to rewrite
      VFYPR by Tony Forbes but lacking that file as it is no longer at his
      website. I'm at a standstill as I don't know what the fuctions do,
      don't know the structure of ireg, etc. Hopefully, someone out there
      has this file and will upload it to the files section of this group.