Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: proportion of primes withing the positive integers

  • Ronny Edler
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2006
      > How many random natural numbers can you pick and write down in your
      > lifetime? Zero.

      Very true. I like to confuse people with that. ;)

      > So although your statement above may be true, it's also utter
      > nonsense, because nobody in the past, present, or future of
      > the entire universe as we know it will ever "pick a random
      > natural number". :)

      Truth and sense sometimes don't go well together. ;)
      Nevertheless, it is an example of probability measures.

      Anyway, how often do you read algorithms that start like "pick a random real
      number from the interval [0,1]..." ?
      No program will ever finish doing so... :)

      Have fun,
      Ronny

      PS: "Which set has more elements? The naturals or the naturals with a shoe
      added." ;)