There are approxiametly 29 % prime numbers in the positive integers range

  • Billy Hamathi
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2006
      Hi,

      I am new to this group, and I have been doing some
      work on prime numbers that I feel I should share with
      others interested in prime numbers.

      I have attached a document that supports my claim,
      please comment on my paper after reading it.

      Thanks,

      Billy Hamathi.

    • Ronny Edler
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2006
        >There are approxiametly 29 % prime numbers in the positive integers range

        Actually there are _exactly_ 0% prime numbers in the naturals...

        There are about x/log(x) prime numbers less than x - see:
        http://primes.utm.edu/howmany.shtml

        Now the ratio primes/naturals = (x/log(x)) / x = 1/log(x) which converges to
        0 as x approaches infinity.

        Ronny