One for those hunting for covering sets

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2006
      Find an n such that for odd prime p, p^p+n is prime only for one value of p.

      Cheap talk?
      http://voice.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2006
        --- Phil Carmody <thefatphil@...> wrote:
        > Find an n such that for odd prime p, p^p+n is prime only for one value of p.

        Even n, that is. Negative odd n values can force all values to be even, such
        that one of the terms is 2. (As spotted by Ronny off-list - good catch.)

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 20, 2006
          Phil wrote on 11/12/2006 04:10:28 AM:

          > Find an n such that for odd prime p, p^p+n is prime only
          > for one value of p.
          >
          > Phil

          I never heard an answer for this, but I think it is: -25
          Or, actually, 2-p^p for p any odd prime.

          Tom Hadley