OT Some new books

  • Jose Ramón Brox
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2006
      Hi all:

      Recently, I attended the ICM celebrated in Madrid, and aside from meeting a lot of famous
      people (like Mandelbrot, Eric Weisstein, Frank Morgan, Okunkov or Terence Tao!), I had the
      opportunity to buy some books at very good prices. The ones related with the topics on
      this list are:

      Prime Numbers: a computational perspective - Crandall&Pommerance (at last!)
      Handbook of Elliptic and Hyperelliptic Curve Cryptography - Cohen, Frey, Avanzi, Doche,
      Lange...
      Continued Fractions - Doug Hensley
      Experimentation in Mathematics - Borwein, Bailey & Gurgensohn

      Less related but also interesting, we also have:
      A = B, Wavelets: a primer, Winning Ways for Your Mathematical Plays, Proofs from the Book,
      Google's PageRank, On Numbers and Games...

      If you'd like to get some data from inside these books or to get a comprehensive list with
      the scientific and technical books I have on my library, please send me private mail and I
      will gladly share the information.

      Regards! Jose Brox
      http://espanol.groups.yahoo.com/group/Telecomunicacion/
      ambroxius@...