Re: odd perfect number

  • leavemsg1
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 10 7:26 AM
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "jbrennen" <jb@...> wrote:

      > --- Bill wrote (in part):
      > >
      > > roughly translated ... "Why doesn't anyone care?" Phil? Chris?

      You are right... I thought about the multiples of 945... and it's
      absurd...

      look at the connection between abundant and perfect numbers when I
      use the sigma function and the odd perfect number idea will disappear
      sigma(abundant#) = 2*sigma(perfect#) + assoc. Mp + 1
      sigma(4n) = 2*sigma(2n) + associated Mp + 1
      sigma(2n) = 2*sigma(n) + associated Mp + 1
      sigma(n) = 2*sigma(n/2) + associated Mp + 1

      even if the form of an odd abundant# is not known... the odd perfect
      number before it is...

      typically when someone would investigates the abundant# linked to the
      well known list of perfect numbers, they would see the first
      equation... and then believe the last one and notice that an odd
      perfect number was not possible... the odd perfect# couldn't be a
      whole number. Look at the it's form. Also, the associated Mp is
      derived by dividing out 2's from the perfect# until the prime is left
      over... kinda like a modulo function or a new 'multilo' function.

      the sigma function is tricky. I'm convinced implicitly. Bill