Re: [PrimeNumbers] Prime definitions that exclude 2

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2006
      --- shuangtheman <shuangtheman@...> wrote:
      > 1. A prime is a positive integer that cannot be expressed by the even number
      > of sums of any single number except 1 and itself.

      How is 2 expressible as an even number of sums of a single number that isn't 1
      or 2? It can't. So your definition of prime that excludes 2 includes 2.

      Does this depend on what the meaning on of 'is' is, or something?

      Or have your just shot yourself in the foot _really_ badly.

      I think the latter, and I recommend retreating.

      http://mail.yahoo.com