Re: [PrimeNumbers] Let Us Open Our Minds

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2006
      --- Simon <4_groups@...> wrote:
      > I want this following commentary to be given some thought, instead of scorn.

      Why do you discount the possibility of thought and then scorn?

      > Here are two conjectures:
      >
      > a} Every even number equal to or greater than 6 is the sum of two odd
      > primes.
      >
      > Possibly following from (a} :
      >
      > b) Every odd number equal to or greater than 9 is the sum of three odd
      > primes.
      >
      > Quite possibly these two conjectures attributed to Goldbach haven't yet been
      > proven by
      > the greatest mathematical minds because we are using words like " odd primes
      > ".

      Nonsense. They are not proven yet because thus-far-performed
      mathematically-sound manipulations of the properties of groups,
      rings, and fields have not led to the required conclusions.

      So you're doubly-wrong - scorn can follow thought, as I had predicted.

      http://mail.yahoo.com