Curious Prime Curio

  • Anton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2006
      Currently in the prime pages

      http://primes.utm.edu/curios/index.php?start=4&stop=4
      <http://primes.utm.edu/curios/index.php?start=4&stop=4> we can read:

      quote "We have presented prime curios for hundreds of integers, but
      still have missed so many! The first positive integer which is missing
      a prime curio is 391 ...." un-quote

      This is rather curious as 390 also has no prime curio.

    • Peter Kosinar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2006
        > quote "We have presented prime curios for hundreds of integers, but
        > still have missed so many! The first positive integer which is missing
        > a prime curio is 391 ...." un-quote
        >
        > This is rather curious as 390 also has no prime curio.

        390:
        (There is one curio for this number that has not yet been approved
        by an editor.)

        391:
        No curios for the number "391" are currently in our database.
        Do you know some good ones?

        See the difference?

        Peter

        --
        [Name] Peter Kosinar [Quote] 2B | ~2B = exp(i*PI) [ICQ] 134813278
      • miltbrown@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2006
          391*100*(3+9+1)+1 is prime

          Milton L. Brown