Factorization

  • kadhirvel
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 27, 2006
      Oops, i did it.
      I found the entirely new method for factorization.Its running time so good.For small example, if C is a composite Number with least prime factor(N) in the order of some 100 crores i can factorize it in 6 crore calculations.(perfectly all this kind)
      Can u say guys mine is best ever.Without any trial division and gcd i can factorize a given composible.Is it possible ever so.Reply soon..

    • kadhirvel
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 27, 2006
        Oops, i did it.
        I found the entirely new method for factorization.Its running time so good.For small example, if C is a composite Number with least prime factor(N) in the range of some 100 crores i can factorize(C) it in 6 crore calculations.(perfectly every kind of composite)
        Can u say guys mine is best ever.Without any trial division and gcd i can factorize a given composite.Is it possible ever so.Reply soon....

      • Jud McCranie
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 27, 2006
          At 08:15 PM 6/27/2006, kadhirvel wrote:

          >Oops, i did it.
          >I found the entirely new method for factorization.Its running time so
          >good.For small example, if C is a composite Number with least prime
          >factor(N) in the range of some 100 crores i can factorize(C) it in 6 crore
          >calculations.(perfectly every kind of composite)
          >Can u say guys mine is best ever.Without any trial division and gcd i can
          >factorize a given composite.Is it possible ever so.Reply soon....

          Can we give you some examples to check?
        • Jens Kruse Andersen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 27, 2006
            kadhirvel wrote:
            > I found the entirely new method for factorization.Its running
            > time so good.For small example, if C is a composite Number
            > with least prime factor(N) in the order of some 100 crores
            > i can factorize it in 6 crore calculations.

            I had never heard of "crore" but Google knew it:
            An Indian crore is 10 million.
            So for a composite of unspecified size, you can find a prime factor
            around 10^9 with 6*10^7 calculations of unspecified complexity.
            A bit vague. There are 50,847,534 primes below 10^9 so the number
            of trial divisions would be around your number of calculations.
            If you post again, I suggest posting your method, or at least something
            specific about composite size and running time. Otherwise people are
            likely to assume you have nothing new of interest (they probably already do).
            Finding 9-digit factors is considered trivial.

            --
            Jens Kruse Andersen
          • kadhirvel
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 28, 2006
              Hi Jens,
              Last time i told u the small example.U didn't notedown the point.And the running i explained is worst case.And the range i explained before best case i got just 20000 calculations.I think its never ever possible(without special case and compact algorithm for every composite).Others pls respond to my prev mail.

              Thank u.

            • gulland68
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 25, 2007
                Some weeks ago I asked a question, to get an answer from Phil Carmody:

                > {on the subject of the shape of the skewed bell curve for number of
                > factors beneath n):
                >
                > > The expected number of factors of x is ~ log(log(x)).
                > > I think Knuth, Pardo, and perhaps Kac had some theories along those
                > lines.
                > > See Riesel's PN&CMfF.
                > > I don't believe being squarefree changes anything significantly.

                I got down the library after that, and read up on Kac. Very interesting.
                But I remain very keen to get a *definitive* answer on the following,
                which as yet has eluded me in my enquiries:
                It is proven that, for any value of n, the histogram for number of
                factors of squarefree integers lower than n, will conform to a normal
                curve?

                With thanks.
                Tom