PARI/GP issue

  • Roahn Wynar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006
      If I wrtie a long function definition in PARI/GP how do I save it for later use? This seems like an obvious question, but I just wrote at ratherlong script and I can't fiugre out how to save it! Sorry if this is an obvious question, I can't seem to find the relevant section of the users manual or the reference manual. (Windows XP by the way.)

      Thanks,
      Roahn

    • Paul Underwood
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Roahn Wynar" <rwynar@...> wrote:

        > If I wrtie a long function definition in PARI/GP how do I save it
        for later use? This seems like an obvious question, but I just wrote
        at ratherlong script and I can't fiugre out how to save it! Sorry if
        this is an obvious question, I can't seem to find the relevant section
        of the users manual or the reference manual. (Windows XP by the way.)

        Under Linux, I highlight what I want to save, right-click, copy and
        then paste it into a text editor. Then I can run the test file:

        gp -q < myfile.gp

        I have thought it would be good if you could dump the current buffers
        to a file...

        Paul
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2006
          --- Roahn Wynar <rwynar@...> wrote:
          > If I wrtie a long function definition in PARI/GP how do I save it for later
          > use? This seems like an obvious question, but I just wrote at ratherlong
          > script and I can't fiugre out how to save it! Sorry if this is an obvious
          > question, I can't seem to find the relevant section of the users manual or
          > the reference manual. (Windows XP by the way.)

          a) Write it in a text editor instead. Save it and use \r to read it in.
          b) Use emacs.

          http://mail.yahoo.com