Mill's primes?

  • Kermit Rose
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2006
      In the late forties Mills proved [Mills47] that:

      Mills' Theorem: there is a real number A for which [A^3^n] is always a
      prime (n = 1,2,3,...).

      I read that this theorem is related to particular primes that are between
      consecutive cubes.

      I did not at all understand how this theorem is related to particular primes

      I find Mills' theorem intuitively plausible.

      It suggests another intuitively plausible theorem to me.

      There exist a real number A such that

      for every positive integer n,

      int( 5^n * A ) - 5 * int( 5^(n-1) * A ) is prime.

      Kermit < kermit@... >