Re: [PrimeNumbers] One kind of prime numbers

  • Ronny Edler
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20, 2006
      Oh - read too hasty...
      Jud is right - nevertheless the palindromic primes are a proper subset of
      the reversible primes. :)

      Ronny
    • Jens Kruse Andersen
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 20, 2006
        Jose C. Martinez wrote:

        > I wanted to know how are called those primes numbers that when are
        > readed from left to right and from right to left both number are
        > primes.

        Two different names are used:
        "emirp" (prime backwards) and "reversible prime".
        The definition usually excludes palindromes.

        The largest known are at http://www.primepuzzles.net/puzzles/puzz_020.htm
        (Only a few GHz days work).

        This weeks puzzle is also about them:
        http://www.primepuzzles.net/puzzles/puzz_357.htm

        --
        Jens Kruse Andersen
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 20, 2006
          --- "Jose C. Martinez" <jcmtnez90@...> wrote:
          > I wanted to know how are called those primes numbers that when are
          > readed from left to right and from right to left both number are
          > primes.
          > For example
          >
          > 13-31
          > 17-71
          > 37-73
          > 79-97
          > 101-101

          101, hmmmm - sounds totally tetradic to me!

          http://mail.yahoo.com