Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Prime Generating Polynomial contest

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18 6:23 AM
      --- Mark Underwood <mark.underwood@...> wrote:
      > Truly wonders never cease. I'm still trying to digest this, amateur
      > that I am. Thank you Phil, and my apologies to the list for my
      > naiviety. (But golly it was exciting in that bubble before it burst.)

      I wasn't really being fair. Subsequences of the well-known one that do provide
      40 consecutive primes are pretty rare. In fact I only know the 2 you found if
      you disregard order (you can do either in both directions). Whether there are
      an infinite number I don't know, anyone care to hazard a heuristic estimate? (I
      think yes - there are 3 parameters to chose from and density drops relatively
      slowly.)

      http://mail.yahoo.com