Please Help Me! (About Linear Diophantine Equations)

  • Muhammad Idrees
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2006
      Hello! TO ALL!
      Any one my Brother who help me about the
      solution of the following linear Diophantine
      equations, I am very worried about that, so if anyone
      who want to help me please send me the solution via
      attachment of Scanned Document, or MS-Word attachment,
      or any mean. This is my request to All of U!

      These Exercises about the solution "LINEAR DIOPHANTINE
      EQUATION"

      ExERCISE: Find the general solution for the following
      equation:

      1. 252x + 580y =20

      2. 85x + 34y =51

      3. 85x + 34y =53

      4. 8x + 10y =42

      5. 321x + 105y =1

      6. 31x - 7y =2

      7. 45x + 63y =450

      8. 170x - 455y =625

      EXERCISE: Find positive solution of the following
      simultaneous linear diophantine eqution:
      7x + 11y + 13z = 125
      3x + 4y + 5z = 48

      Bye! TAKE CARE!
      YOUR TRUELY,
      Muhammad Idrees.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2006
        Hello Muhammad

        This group is not an apropriate place for solving your homework problems.
        You can use Yahoo Answers instead.

        Payam

        On 2/9/06, Muhammad Idrees <idrees1000@...> wrote:

        > Hello! TO ALL!
        > Any one my Brother who help me about the
        > solution of the following linear Diophantine
        > equations, I am very worried about that, so if anyone
        > who want to help me please send me the solution via
        > attachment of Scanned Document, or MS-Word attachment,
        > or any mean. This is my request to All of U!
        >

        > These Exercises about the solution "LINEAR DIOPHANTINE
        > EQUATION"
        >
        > ExERCISE: Find the general solution for the following
        > equation:
        >
        > 1. 252x + 580y =20
        >
        > 2. 85x + 34y =51
        >
        > 3. 85x + 34y =53
        >
        > 4. 8x + 10y =42
        >
        > 5. 321x + 105y =1
        >
        > 6. 31x - 7y =2
        >
        > 7. 45x + 63y =450
        >
        > 8. 170x - 455y =625
        >

        > EXERCISE: Find positive solution of the following
        > simultaneous linear diophantine eqution:
        > 7x + 11y + 13z = 125
        > 3x + 4y + 5z = 48
        >

        > Bye! TAKE CARE!
        > YOUR TRUELY,
        > Muhammad Idrees.

      • jbrennen
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 10, 2006
          In an attempt to make something on-topic out of this...

          EXERCISE: Consider the diophantine equations:
          7x + 11y + 13z = 125
          3x + 4y + 5z = 48

          Note that a particularly pretty solution is:

          (x,y,z) = (-3001, -4001, 5011)

          And that 3001, 4001, and 5011 are all twin primes. :)
        • Pavlos S
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 10, 2006
            Hello,
            I agree with you Jack
            I believe that we need a definition of "pretty"
            though.

            Perhaps a prime can be called pretty when there are
            long strings of the same digit in its decimal
            representation?

            Pavlos
            --- jbrennen <jb@...> wrote:

            > In an attempt to make something on-topic out of
            > this...
            >
            > EXERCISE: Consider the diophantine equations:
            > 7x + 11y + 13z = 125
            > 3x + 4y + 5z = 48
            >
            > Note that a particularly pretty solution is:
            >
            > (x,y,z) = (-3001, -4001, 5011)
            >
            > And that 3001, 4001, and 5011 are all twin primes.
            > :)

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Mark Underwood
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 10, 2006
              Speaking of pretty, here is a different kind of pretty:

              1+2*3^4 = 163 is prime. (Just looked and it's in Prime Curios!)

              2^(2^2^2-1) + (2^2^2-1)^2 = 32993 is prime. (Also in Prime Curios!)

              (3^4-1)^(3^4) + (3^4)^(3^4-1) is a 155 digit prime.

              (7^3-1)^(7^3) + (7^3)^(7^3-1) is a 870 digit prime.
              (Proven by Paul Leyland, see
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primenumbers/message/1263 )

              On a different note,

              n^(n+1) - (n+1)^n is prime for n=3,6,9,12, and ... 44.
              (Up to 100. Hehe, I no longer expect primes to yield a pattern for
              very long. )

              n^(n+1) + (n+1)^n is prime for n = 3^(1^2)-1 and n=3^(2^2)-1.
              Hoping against hope, might it be prime for
              n=3^(3^2)-1 or perhaps
              n=3^(3^3)-1 or perhaps
              n=3^(2^4)-1 or ?
              (Don't know, goes too high for what I have.)

              Mark