Please Help Me! (About Linear Diophantine Equations)

  • Muhammad Idrees
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9 6:10 AM
      Hello! TO ALL!
      Any one my Brother who help me about the
      solution of the following linear Diophantine
      equations, I am very worried about that, so if anyone
      who want to help me please send me the solution via
      attachment of Scanned Document, or MS-Word attachment,
      or any mean. This is my request to All of U!

      These Exercises about the solution "LINEAR DIOPHANTINE
      EQUATION"

      ExERCISE: Find the general solution for the following
      equation:

      1. 252x + 580y =20

      2. 85x + 34y =51

      3. 85x + 34y =53

      4. 8x + 10y =42

      5. 321x + 105y =1

      6. 31x - 7y =2

      7. 45x + 63y =450

      8. 170x - 455y =625

      EXERCISE: Find positive solution of the following
      simultaneous linear diophantine eqution:
      7x + 11y + 13z = 125
      3x + 4y + 5z = 48

      Bye! TAKE CARE!
      YOUR TRUELY,
      Muhammad Idrees.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Muhammad Idrees

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 10 10:02 AM
          Hello Muhammad

          This group is not an apropriate place for solving your homework problems.
          You can use Yahoo Answers instead.

          Payam

          On 2/9/06, Muhammad Idrees <idrees1000@...> wrote:

          > Hello! TO ALL!
          > Any one my Brother who help me about the
          > solution of the following linear Diophantine
          > equations, I am very worried about that, so if anyone
          > who want to help me please send me the solution via
          > attachment of Scanned Document, or MS-Word attachment,
          > or any mean. This is my request to All of U!
          >

          > These Exercises about the solution "LINEAR DIOPHANTINE
          > EQUATION"
          >
          > ExERCISE: Find the general solution for the following
          > equation:
          >
          > 1. 252x + 580y =20
          >
          > 2. 85x + 34y =51
          >
          > 3. 85x + 34y =53
          >
          > 4. 8x + 10y =42
          >
          > 5. 321x + 105y =1
          >
          > 6. 31x - 7y =2
          >
          > 7. 45x + 63y =450
          >
          > 8. 170x - 455y =625
          >

          > EXERCISE: Find positive solution of the following
          > simultaneous linear diophantine eqution:
          > 7x + 11y + 13z = 125
          > 3x + 4y + 5z = 48
          >

          > Bye! TAKE CARE!
          > YOUR TRUELY,
          > Muhammad Idrees.

        • jbrennen
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 10 11:02 AM
            In an attempt to make something on-topic out of this...

            EXERCISE: Consider the diophantine equations:
            7x + 11y + 13z = 125
            3x + 4y + 5z = 48

            Note that a particularly pretty solution is:

            (x,y,z) = (-3001, -4001, 5011)

            And that 3001, 4001, and 5011 are all twin primes. :)
          • Pavlos S
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 10 12:03 PM
              Hello,
              I agree with you Jack
              I believe that we need a definition of "pretty"
              though.

              Perhaps a prime can be called pretty when there are
              long strings of the same digit in its decimal
              representation?

              Pavlos
              --- jbrennen <jb@...> wrote:

              > In an attempt to make something on-topic out of
              > this...
              >
              > EXERCISE: Consider the diophantine equations:
              > 7x + 11y + 13z = 125
              > 3x + 4y + 5z = 48
              >
              > Note that a particularly pretty solution is:
              >
              > (x,y,z) = (-3001, -4001, 5011)
              >
              > And that 3001, 4001, and 5011 are all twin primes.
              > :)

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Mark Underwood
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 10 7:39 PM
                Speaking of pretty, here is a different kind of pretty:

                1+2*3^4 = 163 is prime. (Just looked and it's in Prime Curios!)

                2^(2^2^2-1) + (2^2^2-1)^2 = 32993 is prime. (Also in Prime Curios!)

                (3^4-1)^(3^4) + (3^4)^(3^4-1) is a 155 digit prime.

                (7^3-1)^(7^3) + (7^3)^(7^3-1) is a 870 digit prime.
                (Proven by Paul Leyland, see
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/primenumbers/message/1263 )

                On a different note,

                n^(n+1) - (n+1)^n is prime for n=3,6,9,12, and ... 44.
                (Up to 100. Hehe, I no longer expect primes to yield a pattern for
                very long. )

                n^(n+1) + (n+1)^n is prime for n = 3^(1^2)-1 and n=3^(2^2)-1.
                Hoping against hope, might it be prime for
                n=3^(3^2)-1 or perhaps
                n=3^(3^3)-1 or perhaps
                n=3^(2^4)-1 or ?
                (Don't know, goes too high for what I have.)

                Mark