Re: [PrimeNumbers] Digest Number 1834

  • Jan van Delden
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2006
      I do like to read the messages posted on this newsgroup, but..

      To my sincere opinion it is not necessary, and certainly not called for, to
      use the name of God in the sense displayed in a couple of previous messages.

      Although probably used here with good intent. Let's just stick to math.

      Jan van Delden

      From: ali palang <x_3_14159265@...>
      2. YOU KNOW ITS PROOF
      From: "THANOOP T" <thanoopt@...>
      3. Re: YOU KNOW ITS PROOF
      From: mikeoakes2@...
      4. New CC Record
      From: Gary Chaffey <garychaffey2@...>
      5. Re: YOU KNOW ITS PROOF
      From: Cletus Emmanuel <cemmanu@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 01:10:34 -0800 (PST)
      From: ali palang <x_3_14159265@...>
      Subject: second mail and two problems of me......

      in the name of god
      hello to all
      these two problems have planned by me,2 years ago;
      try to solve them;but there are too easy,just for amusement:
      1.suppose this a,b are from N,and a,b>1,prove that,if a+b=p,and p is prime
      number
      then,(a,b)=1.
      2.find number of pairs (a,b),so a,b>1,,(a,b)=1 and a+b=p,that p is prime
      number.

      Message: 2
      Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 11:43:40 -0000
      From: "THANOOP T" <thanoopt@...>
      Subject: YOU KNOW ITS PROOF

      let A anb B are vectorspaces over C such that
      A= { z:exp(az) is algebraic)}
      B= { z:exp(bz) is algebraic)}
      such that a/b not in Q (rationals)
      then how to show that
      dim(A intersection B) <=1 or <=2
      if any one know the proof pls sent
      ************************************ Thanoop T
      TIFR BANGALORE

      Message: 3
      Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 07:13:33 -0500
      From: mikeoakes2@...
      Subject: Re: YOU KNOW ITS PROOF

      In an email dated Tue, 7 2 2006 11:43:40 am GMT, "THANOOP T"
      <thanoopt@...> writes:

      > let A anb B are vectorspaces over C such that
      > A= { z:exp(az) is algebraic)}
      > B= { z:exp(bz) is algebraic)}
      > such that a/b not in Q (rationals)
      >then how to show that
      > dim(A intersection B) <=1 or <=2
      > if any one know the proof pls sent

      I have 2 comments.
      (a) This is not a well-posed question, for example:
      "A= { z:exp(az) is algebraic)}" is not a meaningful definition of a vector
      space over the complex numbers, and so on.

      (b) Your question has nothing to do with prime numbers, and so should not
      have been posted to this newsgroup.

      -Mike Oakes

      Message: 4
      Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:19:01 +0000 (GMT)
      From: Gary Chaffey <garychaffey2@...>
      Subject: New CC Record

      I have just found the following record Cunningham Chain (1st Kind) length 5
      :-

      (2^n)*5864262128*1201#-1 For n=0..4

      The smallest member of this chain has 514 digits and as far as I know is a
      new record for a length 5 CC (1st Kind).....Although it does fall 99 digits
      short of the record length 5 CC (2nd Kind)!

      Regards
      Gary

      Message: 5
      Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:31:02 -0800 (PST)
      From: Cletus Emmanuel <cemmanu@...>

      ...And finally, we don't do other people's homework for them ...

      mikeoakes2@... wrote: In an email dated Tue, 7 2 2006 11:43:40 am GMT,
      "THANOOP T" <thanoopt@...> writes:

      > let A anb B are vectorspaces over C such that
      > A= { z:exp(az) is algebraic)}
      > B= { z:exp(bz) is algebraic)}
      > such that a/b not in Q (rationals)
      >then how to show that
      > dim(A intersection B) <=1 or <=2
      > if any one know the proof pls sent

      I have 2 comments.
      (a) This is not a well-posed question, for example:
      "A= { z:exp(az) is algebraic)}" is not a meaningful definition of a vector
      space over the complex numbers, and so on.

      (b) Your question has nothing to do with prime numbers, and so should not
      have been posted to this newsgroup.

      -Mike Oakes

      Mathematics education Mathematics and computer science Number
      theory