Re: [PrimeNumbers] New Record for 13 simultaneous primes

  • Jens Kruse Andersen
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2005
      Dirk Augustin wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > after sieving through more than 10 trillion candidates to discover a
      > new record Cunningham Chain of length 12, I surprisingly found a large
      > Cunningham Chain of length 13:
      >
      > 1753286498051*2^(n-1)*71#-1, n=1,..,13, (39 digits for n=1)
      >
      > This is also a new record for 13 simultaneous primes, where it counts
      > with 41 digits (middle member of the chain), improving the old record
      > by 8 digits.

      Congratulations!
      Longer than you searched again!
      http://hjem.get2net.dk/jka/math/Cunningham_Chain_records.htm and
      http://hjem.get2net.dk/jka/math/simultprime.htm are updated.

      I see you used NewPGen+PFGW like on shorter CC's.
      I wonder how practical that is for 12 (and 13!) simultaneous primes.
      My sieve using the GMP library for prp'ing has 1 GHz week
      expected for a CC12 of this size.
      A CC13 would obviously have longer expectation for non-Dirks ;-)

      --
      Jens Kruse Andersen