Riesel Sieve

  • Mark Rodenkirch
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2005
      I have been unable to connect to http://www.rieselsieve.com for a
      couple of days. Is anyone else having the same problem?
    • Paul Underwood
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2005
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Rodenkirch" <mgrogue@w...>
        wrote:

        > I have been unable to connect to http://www.rieselsieve.com for a
        > couple of days. Is anyone else having the same problem?

        I had a chat with Lee earlier and he said it was a case of "DNS
        poisoning" and that now the internet servers were propogating the
        correct information.

        I cannot get the Sob site too. Maybe they are suffering from the same
        problem,

        Paul
      • b2lee2003
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2005
          Riesel Sieve is now up and running again. Wow, what a PITA. I'd like
          to personally apologize for our downtime. From DNS Poisoning to
          corrupted WHOIS information, it took me almost a week to get our
          project functioning again. I also learned a lesson I didn't want to
          learn. I never wanted to learn that sometimes in life you have to use
          colorful language and strong demands to get something done. Something
          that should have only taken a few minutes of one day. Instead it took
          over 5 days. It took a few dozen emails and finally a couple of
          emails that would make George C. Patton blush and tell me that I was
          offending the Marines with my language.

          Again, I apologize for the downtime. Now we are up and running and
          hopefully soon we will once again find a massive prime worthy of the
          Top 20 list of Chris 'Lord of Primes' Caldwell....aka Professor Primes.

          Lee Stephens
          Riesel Sieve
          www.rieselsieve.com

          --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Underwood"