Sieving k*2^n-1 for fixed k?

  • Christ van Willegen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2005
      Hi,

      call me stupid, but for the life of me I can't seem to find if there's
      a program for sieving k*2^n-1 for fixed k... I expect that Proth
      can handle this form, but can it sieve as well, or do I need another
      program for that? I've looked at newpgen and multisieve, but these
      don't seem to have the mode I'm looking for. Either that, or I haven't
      looked closely enough.

      Target platform is x86, and command line programs are not
      a problem.

      Thanks in advance!

      Christ van Willegen
    • John Dilick
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2005
        I believe NewPGen can sieve on k*2^n+-1 for fixed k or fixed n.