Re: SoB: 4847 * 2^3321063 + 1 is prime!

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20 3:25 AM
      From: "Jens Kruse Andersen" <jens.k.a@...>
      > Congratulations to Richard Hassler and Seventeen Or Bust for finding
      > another one - in a double check: http://www.seventeenorbust.com
      > That's 9 of 17. Halfway there?
      > The last 8 will probably be much harder.

      This is indeed great news for the project. (It's a shame it's
      not a million-digiter - *so* close, though.) I hope we'll be
      seeing another visible blip in the relavant prime pages tables
      and charts corresponding to this computational feat.

      It's a shame that Louis /still/ isn't fully on top of the maths
      behind the project progress, but I guess he'll learn the hard way
      as the project continues. (He only has the same misconceptions
      that almost everyone else[*] does, he's not a special case.)

      I look forward to the next one...

      [* Don't worry, Jack, you're off the hook]