SoB: 4847 * 2^3321063 + 1 is prime!

  • Jens Kruse Andersen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2005
      Congratulations to Richard Hassler and Seventeen Or Bust for finding
      another one - in a double check: http://www.seventeenorbust.com

      That's 9 of 17. Halfway there?
      The last 8 will probably be much harder.

      --
      Jens Kruse Andersen
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2005
        From: "Jens Kruse Andersen" <jens.k.a@...>

        > Congratulations to Richard Hassler and Seventeen Or Bust for finding
        > another one - in a double check: http://www.seventeenorbust.com
        >
        > That's 9 of 17. Halfway there?
        > The last 8 will probably be much harder.

        This is indeed great news for the project. (It's a shame it's
        not a million-digiter - *so* close, though.) I hope we'll be
        seeing another visible blip in the relavant prime pages tables
        and charts corresponding to this computational feat.

        It's a shame that Louis /still/ isn't fully on top of the maths
        behind the project progress, but I guess he'll learn the hard way
        as the project continues. (He only has the same misconceptions
        that almost everyone else[*] does, he's not a special case.)

        I look forward to the next one...

        Phil
        [* Don't worry, Jack, you're off the hook]

        http://mail.yahoo.com