LLR Version 3.6.2 / gwnum V24.14

  • Jean Penné
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2005
      Hi all,

      The new LLR program version has arrived!

      LLR Version 3.6.2 is identical to LLR Version 3.6 about the features,
      but with two advantages :

      1) It is linked with very last gwnum version : V24.14
      2) I tested it on all the verified Riesel an Proth primes from the
      Chris Caldwell database, and found neither false negative result nor
      error message of any kind.

      So, I think all LLR users have better to use this version now!

      Happy hunting and Best Regards,

      Jean
    • Paul Underwood
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2005
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Jean Penné <jpenne@w...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > The new LLR program version has arrived!
        >
        > LLR Version 3.6.2 is identical to LLR Version 3.6 about the features,
        > but with two advantages :
        >
        > 1) It is linked with very last gwnum version : V24.14
        > 2) I tested it on all the verified Riesel an Proth primes from the
        > Chris Caldwell database, and found neither false negative result nor
        > error message of any kind.
        >
        > So, I think all LLR users have better to use this version now!

        Jean,

        I have just tried to run ll362linux and llr362slinux and encountered a
        problem. I get a "segmentation fault":

        CPU Information:
        Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz
        CPU speed: 3433.66 MHz
        CPU features: RDTSC, CMOV, PREFETCH, MMX, SSE, SSE2
        L1 cache size: 8 KB
        L2 cache size: 512 KB

        "uname -srvom" gives:

        Linux 2.4.22-10mdksmp #1 SMP Thu Sep 18 11:17:07 CEST 2003 i686 GNU/Linux

        I tried llr362linux on an athlon XP2000+ and LLR seemed okay:

        Linux 2.4.27-2-386 #1 Mon May 16 16:47:51 JST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

        It's also okay on this computer:

        CPU Information:
        Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
        CPU speed: 3080.70 MHz
        CPU features: RDTSC, CMOV, PREFETCH, MMX, SSE, SSE2
        L1 cache size: 16 KB
        L2 cache size: 1024 KB

        Linux 2.4.22-10mdksmp #1 SMP Thu Sep 18 11:17:07 CEST 2003 i686 GNU/Linux

        The candidate prime tested was 3*2^2077555-1

        Paul
      • Paul Underwood
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 2005

          > It's also okay on this computer:
          >
          > CPU Information:
          > Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
          > CPU speed: 3080.70 MHz
          > CPU features: RDTSC, CMOV, PREFETCH, MMX, SSE, SSE2
          > L1 cache size: 16 KB
          > L2 cache size: 1024 KB
          >
          > Linux 2.4.22-10mdksmp #1 SMP Thu Sep 18 11:17:07 CEST 2003 i686
          GNU/Linux

          Oops: I tested the wrong version. I get a "segmentation fault" on this
          computer too. It looks like a "P4" related problem :(

          Paul
        • Jean Penné
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 23, 2005
            --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Underwood"
            <paulunderwood@m...> wrote:

            > > It's also okay on this computer:
            > >
            > > CPU Information:
            > > Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
            > > CPU speed: 3080.70 MHz
            > > CPU features: RDTSC, CMOV, PREFETCH, MMX, SSE, SSE2
            > > L1 cache size: 16 KB
            > > L2 cache size: 1024 KB
            > >
            > > Linux 2.4.22-10mdksmp #1 SMP Thu Sep 18 11:17:07 CEST 2003 i686
            > GNU/Linux
            > >

            > Oops: I tested the wrong version. I get a "segmentation fault" on this
            > computer too. It looks like a "P4" related problem :(
            >
            > Paul

            Thank you for warning me !
            I made the most part of my tests with a P4 2.5GHz, but only with the
            Windows version... So, it seems that the problem is both P4 and Linux
            related ! I will reboot this machine on Linux and make new tests.

            Regards,

            Jean