31034 digit NTG record

  • Bouk de Water
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2005
      Dear People,

      David Broadhurst and I have recently proven a new Non-trivial Gigantic
      primerecord with 31034 digits.

      It's the Generalized Lucas primitive part primV(10987,1,14400).

      Details about this proof can be observed in the NMBRTHRY posting below.

      http://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0509&L=nmbrthry&P=R509

      Good use was made of the programs MSieve, Primo, PFGW, GMP-ECM, Pari and GGNFS.

      Specially the latter now enables us to factor composites in the range from 100
      to 170 digits within a reasonable amount of time.

      The complete status of the NTG primes is as always in our table here:

      Thanks go once more to all of the contributors who worked on the software we
      used.

      David Broadhurst and Bouk de Water.

      http://mail.yahoo.com